Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What's up this week?

And it has been two weeks since.  A lot of things were there.

~ I haven't been watching a lot of tv lately, especially since Magkaribal ended.  But one night (I think) last week, there's something I noticed while watching "Kristine."  Well, aside from the fact that Kristine Reyes is pretty, that is.  It's just fun to think that the wardrobe budget is very easy and not that expensive.  Imagine, just sando and kamison most of the time every time I had the chance to sit down and watch.  Is it just coincidence?  Or is it really?

~ We were at the mall to buy 'some' groceries.  The lady at the entrance was handing me one of those baskets.  I refused.  Well, I don't know about you, but I really won't grab one of those baskets whether it's just less than ten or more than ten items.  I will get the cart!  My take is, why will I give myself a hard time carrying those baskets when the carts are always there?  Besides, there is no grocery law that that says you can't put less than ten things in the cart.  I'm talking about convenience and comfort.

~ A single bettor won the Php 700 million lottery.  He did it by lucky pick.  This is the eternal discussion everywhere.  The PCSO guy once said that don't rely on birthdays since it's just calendar numbers.  And I think he's right.  My take is whenever I place my bet, I always do it by lucky pick.  Ayoko mag-alaga ng numbers since I don't bet regularly.  Can you imagine the regret if your 'alaga' wins and you did not place a bet?

~ Remember Budoy?  Well, his favorite bed is this:


~ I have been reading "Angela's Ashes" for a while now.  I have been putting it down more frequently than I should.  I know I should have finished the book long ago, but it's just too hard to continue when all you read about is poverty, and not because they were poor, but because their dad simply do not understand how it was to be a father.  But, then again, Frankie said, "My father in the morning is still mine."  And my heart broke.

I have more notes about the book here, in case you're interested.  I hope you'll read the book once you read my notes.

~ I interviewed a college teacher last, last week for another feature in my Laguna Life blog.  But it's been two weeks and I haven't posted.  I just felt tired of writing.  It's probably the weather.  Or, if I am writer, is this what they call writer's block?

~ Remember my post about "Down, they go?"  I think it's really happening.  Notice that their time slot is now moved to an even later slot... just in time for merienda siesta, when every fan of these four tend to doze of on their rocking chairs.  Then, the OMG jackpot round is set to be aired the next day.  Then, the biggest irony of it all is.... the "lucky" home partner could not be reached (read: is not watching the show).

~ It was a year after my surgery last November 23.  The same date that the Maguindanao massacre happened.  We heard mass as a way of thanksgiving.  Just before the mass ended, the bell tolled 57 times to commemorate those 57 people whose relatives are until now are seeking justice.  It was this same mass where this song was played.  I felt really good because I have been wanting to hear this song for quite a time now.  Back in Dubai, Filipino masses were offered twice a month on a Friday, which did not fit my schedule.  And when I got back home, I was teary-eyed when I finally heard the mass said in Filipino.

~ The past posts about "What's up this week" are all here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts