Thursday, August 19, 2010

On the Same Plight

Two countries.

One thing in common.

Today, the news tells us of these two bus accidents that happened.

One in India and the other is here in the Philippines. They have almost the same fatalities. In the Philippines, it is currently at 41, while in India, 37. We might hear an update for a rise in the Philippines later on, but in the case of the India news, I'm a little apprehensive for any more updates.

The accident in Baguio happened somewhere in Naguillian road, where the bus plunges into a ravine 35 feet deep after it lost control.

The one in India had the same plight. But the plunge was at a 200-meter ravine, also after losing control and zigzagging before falling off the cliff in a place they call Himachal Pradesh.

Road accidents have been an issue everywhere, as in every country. In Dubai, their solution is to slap more fines for every violation. In India, I don't really have that much information. In the Philippines, I don't hear any noise from the Land Transportation Organization as to slapping giving more fines or stricter rules.

But I don't think this is even necessary.

One important thing I learned about driving is to always practice defensive driving. That was what my dad taught me since day one of my driving lessons. I have been into several accidents myself that sometimes I even wonder if what my dad taught me is even effective at all.

But it still pays that we drive defensively. As I grew older, my idea is, accidents still happen even if you are defensive, so, it goes without saying that you get to be more prone to accidents driving less defensively.

Read more about the news here:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts