Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Break Did It... I Guess

I was going to talk about another thing that made my week busy last week but I just could not bring myself down to words. I got busy with a freelance job that kept me occupied during the week. Well, I guess like any job, the first week should be the toughest since you are still trying to adapt to the changes in your schedule and trying to get the feel of the job. I like the way it makes me feel more than anything else.

I asked not to get assignments over the weekend since I do not want anything that might happen on weekends get in the way of my work. If you think it should be the other way around, well, I hope that it won't be that way in the future. It is just too self-rewarding, if not in the monetary aspect.

Anyway, my sister and I got a text message before noon yesterday inviting us to see a movie. I haven't seen a movie for awhile now. I perfectly remember that it was July last year when I went with a friend to see "Transformers 2." It was memorable since that was the first and the last time that I ever went to see a movie in Dubai. That should have been the start of my monthly movie project if I didn't have to go home. But that is okay. I just wish that this will be the start of my monthly movie project again.

We went to see "Here Comes The Bride," with Angelica Panganiban, Eugene, Tuesday, and the rest of the guys. It was a funny movie although but it's not an entirely good movie for me. But I guess I needed to have a break from my monotonous life after all. I have been wanting to see this movie because I wanted to see Eugene act, but it's good to see that Tuesday also caught my attention. Well, there is no doubt about Angelica doing her role because I have always admired her for her Crissy self on NNNN. This girl Tuesday should also be given something better because I think she can still do more.

This break did it, I guess, because we laughed a little harder on some parts. Afterwards, we were off to the final night of our friend's aunt's wake. I really find it ironic that on these occasions, the tendency to reconnect with long lost friends and relatives is always high. Last night, I was able to reconnect with my high school classmate whom I haven't seen since graduation. We didn't belong to the same friend group, but we were classmates for the whole four years. We talked for almost the whole length of time that I was there. We talked about each of of our own lives and of course, I wasn't that surprised to find out that she heard of my condition.

I find it a little ironic that going to wakes give you the chance to bring back the old times with people you know. Most of the time, it was the fun times, when the reason why you went there in the first place is to convey your condolences to the ones left behind. Although I find it ironic, I don't see anything wrong with it at all.


Bookmark and Share



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts