Friday, October 19, 2007

Komiks at ibp.

I am losing hope that I'd be able to get a copy of this thing that I have been waiting for. It was September 14 when they said they'd launch the comeback of what used to be one of the Filipinos' favorite past time - KOMIKS. Every Friday after that date, I would ask the biggest newsstand in our town if it's already in their stock but apparently, it's not.

I wonder. It might just be available in Manila. But as a person having a strong marketing background, I believe their wrong about this strategy. I mean why is the publication not reaching the provinces when we know for a fact that even if the television already reaches the outskirts of the country, it still hasn't reach everyone.

I remember back in those days when there was no t.v. in each house. You almost always will find a store that has KOMIKS FOR RENT in one of their commodities. There were a wide range to choose from then. WAKASAN was the only thing I can remember aside from FUNNY KOMIKS catered for kids. Wakasan was my favorite since you don't have to wait a week to know what happened next to the story you are trying to follow. But there were a number of it… LIWAYWAY, LUV (I think but I am not sure).

I happened to find one series at the Philippine Daily Inquirer. But it's just in black and white and I really want to get hold of a true copy of what they call KOMIKS nowadays.

I am very intrigued about how this industry would try to revive itself. But then again, they seem to have failed with one of the four P's of marketing… PLACE. There is no place you can find it.

Probably ONLY at the National Bookstore, as two or three of my friends said. Wow, I didn't think that they would market it that way. And, definitely not one thing I'd think of I'd be the one in-charge of its marketing ad campaign.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts