Friday, June 18, 2010

Harvey's and Mine's

I think it was two days ago - or maybe it wasn't - that I dreamed about snakes. Yeah, not just one of them, nor two. There were a lot. I don't know what triggered that dream. It might be the vacant lot in front of our house that is now being filled up with soil. Or maybe it's something else.

I have had dreams about snakes. One of it was so many years back, but I remember because it was sort of funny, the snake being a colorful cartoon character. The next that I remember was probably a month back and couldn't come up with at least the scene, if not the story. Then this one. I was walking on a soily road (just like the filling material from the lot across our home) and was about to step on a snake when someone snatched it to keep it from biting me. He told me to take care because there are many snakes. And as I walked along the road, I saw people passed by me carrying snakes that as if they are catching them for some reason. I walked and then came across another snake I nearly stepped on. Nearly, because someone scooped it, looking as if he was really catching it as a prize for a game. Then, I continued to walk and then woke up. So, do you think the soil triggered the dream?

But whichever it may be, I just hope it's not like Harvey's dream. Shit! I really hope it's not like Harvey's. But is Harvey's dream real?

This is, I think, the third of the thirteen stories in this book; the shortest of the three. It was only ten pages, which is really quite a short story. But this is the scariest so far. Or... was it scary just because I had a dream about snakes?

Is it really true that if you talk about your dreams, they will never come true? Share your views on the comments below.

*This entry is cross-posted here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts