Wednesday, September 7, 2011

No vacancy

My admission last night at the hospital did not push through because the hospital was full and there weren't any discharges due at any time.  So I will have to wait today to see if there will be anyone who will be discharged today.

I am neither happy nor disappointed though.  These days, it is easier for me to accept things as they happen because I have learned that things always happen for a reason.

And one of the good things is that I get to enjoy one more day of good food!  It's not that the food around here are not.  It's just that food do not taste good once I have my chemotherapy.  And it goes like that for a few days.  Even longer days these days since after the fourth cycle.

We didn't cook dinner at home, so, after we left the hospital, we ate at Jollibee.  And I was really happy.  Events like these don't happen very often these days.  It's either I am out with my dad or with my sister, but not with both of them at the same time.  And this time, we were with my Tita (my mom's sister) and my BFF.  I was really happy.

Not to mention that earlier, before we left for the hospital, the people from the hospice were at home, too, for their weekly visit.  I can tell that they are happy for me, that I am having my fifth cycle already.

But our chat was cut short because my BFF - who will take me to the hospital - arrived with one of our balikbayan classmates who wanted to see me before she left.  I was happy to see her:  I wanted to see her, too, to thank her personally for the help she sent months before.  She brought me some fruits and a pasalaubong.  

She wanted us to eat somewhere first before I go to the hospital but I declined since I was not so confident about the time.  Had I known that there would be no vacancies at the hospital, we could have just dined out instead.

We have yet to see if there would be any vacant room today.  If there is, then my fifth cycle will push through tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts