Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Rare Occasion

My dad's day started early. His friend is scheduled for cataract extraction today and he wants my dad's company. It is no problem for my dad since he is, incidentally, due for his eye check-up today, too.

It's his birthday, too, but we didn't have any plans. We are just set to cook spaghetti for long life, as with every Filipino's tradition.

From the hospital, he called. He was excited to tell us that the check-up was good and that he is just to finish the eye drops and he can go ahead and have his eye glasses fitted. He can now also do those things that were not allowed after the procedure, and I am sure that he is very excited to go back to swimming - his one and only sport. He was supposed to just leave his friend accompanied by his son-in-law but they didn't want him to leave before them, so, he said that he will wait until his friend was done. He came home stuffed with lunch treat from his friend.

It was after lunch time when we got a text message from one of our two nephews that we took care of when they were kids. He asked if we didn't have any plans and he invited us to dine out when we said we didn't have any.

We ate at Max's and it was a good dinner. When we finally parted ways, I sent him a text message: Thank you for the wonderful dinner. You just don't know what it means to us!

He answered: Wala po 'yon, basta kayo, nanginginig pa!

I laughed as I read the message aloud for my dad to hear. Then after a while, I replied: Ang sarap pala ng feeling pag libre ng apo/pamangkin.

I know you know how it feels. And if you're still young, you'll know by the time you get old.

P.S.
I brought a camera but weren't able to take pictures. Maybe we all were too excited to talk that we totally forgot about it.



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts