Monday, April 5, 2010

This Special Week

I wanted to start with what we call the Palm Sunday. But everything else was really uneventful. But then, I wasn't expecting anything eventful for this week. I just wanted to rant about a few things that happened. So I might as well just rant away.


~ On Holy Tuesday, we went to our Dad's home, in his hometown in Paete, Laguna. It was good to see my cousins, nephews and my only uncle by my dad. This is the biggest family we have, since on Mom's side, we only have two cousins, their dad, and a spinster aunt (oh, then what do you call an unmarried uncle? Or is spinster is what you call an old-maid aunt?) Anyway, I had a good time there but since it's a little far from where we stay, we got to get started going home early.

~ On Good Friday, I joined the yearly Prusisyon ng Bayan. I wasn't prepared to finish it giving my condition. We are all a little apprehensive but I was surprised, too, realizing that I was able to go through it. In my mind while I was walking, I was always thinking, "You have to finish as strong as you have started." I did, but I realized that I was dead tired by the time I lied down my bed. I tried to compare the body ache with the pain I used to have after our Holy Week climb at Mount Banahaw and it's somewhat the same to me.

~ My cousin from the States arrived on Black Saturday. I wanted to go to the airport to pick her up but decided against it because I might tire myself too much and that might not be good for me yet. So, we just decided to wait for her till she gets home to Paete, Laguna. It was a surprised that they got back earlier than expected. I was like having regrets because I didn't go, but then again, you know how the traffic situation is here in our country. So, almost all of us had dinner together and before we know it, it was time to go. This time, we have a transpo so going home late is not much of the problem.

~ Sunday brought a little surprise for me. Most of you know that I am supposed to get this job that I turned down the last minute for some issues. Yesterday, I saw one of my supposedly co-worker from that job. She is doing field work and she's not supposed to, given the nature of our job description. So, I asked her how things are and she said she transferred to field work since the database that we were supposed to work on isn't complete yet. Out of the ten agents as starters (which went down to nine after I backed out), only three were left and they all transferred to field work. So, this answered my long-time (since I backed out) question of what-if I joined? I think I made the right decision of backing out, since I can't do field works yet.

~ I am going out after this rant. I have like three inquiries for the books that I listed on my eBay account, and that's only for this week (well, it IS a record for me lol). This is also a surprise to me. It was really a tough decision to sell my books. But then again, I really think I should because I just don't want them to rot here like what happened to a lot more of my books years before. Also, we don't have much space for a shelf to keep it. That goes without saying that I could use the sales to buy more books to read. Oh well, on a positive note, it pays to see that someone else is interested in the books that I have so wanted for a long time and took a while to get. There's one buyer who bought my Hannibal trilogy saying that she's a book collector and was looking for this series. I wanted to say, "Oh gurl, I hear you. I've so wanted to get all these three books altogether." The fact is, I had a hard time getting all these three from second hand book shops. And when I finally got it, I googled and asked around which book am I supposed to read first.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts