Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Musings

I haven't walked even a day last week. The week was kinda loaded that I feared that it would rob me of the strength to last me through the long days. Today, I am supposed to but didn't. I must admit I got a little lazy again.

I went to the courier service to get a quote for those three books that I am hoping to sell before this week ends. But I am not very hopeful on that since I discovered that they do not have a branch at the town where these books are supposed to go. The nearest would be either Antipolo or Angono; and my buyer is just supposed to pick it up. I really wonder how it would be if there is a very efficient courier system here in our country. Now that online shopping is on its way to the top, these guys should get their acts together to think about a more efficient service. We currently enjoy the pleasant service of their very nice crews, not to mention that theirs is the lowest rate of those available here in our town. JRS should reinvent itself, now that the business seems to be gaining a lot of market.

I found this website on Twitter where you can search for your precinct in preparation for the upcoming May elections. I immediately looked for my dad's and sister's and quickly found them. Unfortunately, I couldn't find mine. So, this answers my doubts that I was struck out of the list. I was disenfranchised during the last presidential elections. The irony of it all is that I was a PPCRV volunteer at that time. What happened was there was a list that came out a day before the elections where I couldn't find my name. I wondered but, like any other ordinary citizen, what could I do? So, I let it be and did my duty. At about one o'clock that afternoon, there was another list from the Comelec wherein I found my name. But since I was a volunteer, things were already busy at that time so I didn't vote. For this 2010 elections, I was able to register as an overseas voter, but a medical condition made me go home and prevented me from getting myself registered. You might be wondering who I will vote for if I can vote but I'd rather keep it to myself.

Still on these 2010 elections, we (since I am helping my Dad and sis decide on whom to vote) are now contemplating on the senators. But we are still somewhat clueless as to who are running. My sister is now very eager to make her list, but we cannot get the names. I said there will be. But when? Well, they normally come out a day or two before the day. But is there anyway for ordinary people like us to get hold of the names and their parties at this point in time?

My beloved dog, Pepe
The night before last night, I dreamed of a blue snake. I was riding a bike and it was getting in my way. I couldn't remember anymore what I did, but after I got over it, the next scene was my old video store. Inside, there is a fridge full of M&M's. Last night, it wasn't such a good dream. I dreamed that their preparing to cook my dog for pulutan and I was crying like hell. I wonder what makes me remember my dreams right now. Ever since I got home from Dubai and had the operation, I don't even remember remembering my dreams. I don't even remember if I was having dreams at all. Now, I wonder if this is a good sign or if it is a good thing at all. The snake dream is rather a good thing to remember since they say dreaming of snakes is a lucky thing. But dreaming about your dog getting cooked is something you'd rather not remember, right?


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts