Saturday, June 20, 2009

Attrition ++

I didn't go out the whole day. We were supposed to because we thought that the a/c maintenance schedule would take some time. But it was done within an hour so we just opted to stay home and read.

I was practically busy the whole week and am glad for that. I don't want to complain about anything right now. I am just happy with what I have. This is because as the sun sets and we are just about to whine about Friday being done, one of our room mates [the newest - who just moved in this month] was saying that she's just going to be here until the end of this month. She was told by their management that she will have to go on forced leave and that they will just be informed when she would be called again to come back here. She planned to go back home once the company gives her the go-signal and stay there until she is called back - if she ever will be.

Sad to say, this is a common thing these days. I wanted to say 'this is a common thing these days here in Dubai' but that would be limiting the scope. I was just with my GoogleReader earlier and read about unemployment rates rising in some other places. So, it's not right to say that it's only here.

Anyway...

I am still with the Duma Key. I can't wait to know what else is there to know. I want to know more about Elizabeth Eastlake and her family, or should I say Elizabeth Eastlake's and her family's secrets. I wrote on my book blog that I was nightmarish on a certain point; and this isn't the only time this happened to me when I read SK. He never fails to do that to me; never fails to amaze me. It's been so long since I have read a book by him; so long that I lost count as to how many years has it been. I know it's not too late catching up; considering that I've missed a lot of his books already.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts