Sunday, March 15, 2009

Home

Even before this move to a new place, I have been thinking a lot about home. With the worldwide financial crisis, you cannot help to think of the worse that could come, and try to accept it beforehand; but not exactly worrying. As they say, hope for the best but expect the worse. I am still adjusting to our new place. It’s probably also the reason I think more of home. Like it’s the same with our home, or it’s kinda different but it works just as well. The funny thing is, I am also thinking what if I would be home…

Because just last week, I said goodbye to two people. One is to the security officer of the building that I frequently go to for insurance policies. I just say good morning to him every time I go to the place because he is stationed at the lobby near the elevator. I don’t even know his name. I was touched that he took time to say goodbye. He said he’s finished his contract and not coming back anymore.

Then a few days after, my pancake guy said, “Tomorrow no more pancakes.”

I said, “Why? You’re not making anymore? You will stop selling pancakes?”

“No, I am going home.”

“For a vacation? That’s good…”

“No, Work finish… I’m not coming back.”

I felt sad. Then I told him, “Okay, good luck my friend.”

Ever since that day, the crews from that bake shop was taking turns on who is going to make the pancakes. And no one knows yet how brown I wanted my pancakes to be.

Mood Music:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts