Thursday, October 9, 2008

Influences

I was waiting for a client at an Emarat Petrol Station and as always, I tried to find something to read. I was actually surprised to find Reader's Digest on the shelves! I remember when I was a kid. (Yup, I grew up reading issues as old as me! hehehehe...) So, I quickly paid and found a place to sit. Admittedly, this is the first time I got hold of a it for a few years now. The form and the substance seem to have changed a lot. But I just thought, well, this is a sign of getting old... But honestly, I like the old format, still. Then I stumbled on this word...

Word of the Month

Crowdsourcing - when a group comes together - often online - to create a product, perform a task or solve a problem.

*ripped from Reader's Digest, October 2008

Then I thought... sa Pinas, simpleng bayanihan...

Anyway, a recent experience with a friend reminded me of another childhood influence.... Sesame Street. I vividly remember Big Bird and his (or her? LOL) friend, Mr. Snafolafugus (his imaginary elephant friend: please help me with the spelling!!!!) This is so because I can't remember much of the characters anymore except them..... errrr..... wait... I also remember Ernie and Bert, Oscar the Grouch...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts