Monday, March 31, 2008

A Certain Sadness


Nowadays, it is such a very rare occasion that I have the chance to be out of the office during sunset. Last Thursday was one of the rare occasions.

I was in the bus at about 6.00 as the sun was setting. I always have this melancholic feeling during these times. I still have. But thoughts rushed in. I was thinking about those things that bring melancholy.

Those relationships that didn't work, friendships that were lost, mistakes committed and things as such.

But then, during the ride, it sank in... in a very different way now.

It suddenly came upon me that although sunsets make me feel lonely because of these things, I should take it differently. Sunsets mean a day is ending. But after sunset comes sunrise. And just like it, sunsets should make us forget those things and look forward to a better tomorrow. Look forward for another day to make relationships work, to renew friendships and correct our mistakes.

A certain sadness, yes... but not quite... not anymore... after last Thursday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If ossible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aparelho de DVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aparelho-dvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts