Monday, October 22, 2007

Last Week's Party

Mid-week. During the middle of the week, I confirmed with Mimi that I am planning to go back by November so I called her long distance to tell her to have me booked by the middle of next month. I specified this time because I counted (ooopppsss if I have told you this already) and I don't want my 60-day visa change to fall on that week of Christmas and New Year as I don't want to spend a single day of that week on that depressing island. I would know by Friday if she has already confirmed a flight for me or not. But chances are, I'd be leaving by the second week of November, because she says that we have to avoid the first week to make sure.


Later that day, it was one of my friends' birthday. She's Neneng, my high school best friend's sister, Pinx's high school classmate. Pero if you'll think about it, this history doesn't have anything to do with how we got close. Tipo the friendship doesn't date back to those years pero you still do not discount the fact that it has something to do with how you were tied up by those facts. Well, it was a dinner party with her other set of friends and her close relatives. Actually we were expecting to be home by midnight which was usually the case during birthday dinners recently. But then, with the videoke machine dominating the occasion, it turned out that we stayed longer than the usual. Her other friends brought in some booze and my group decided that it wouldn't be polite to leave and not join their concept of fun. So we did, and we found out that all we had to do was sing our hearts out and get a bottle of beer, and that's it. LOL! It was fun as it is, them being with their drinks and us with our off-key voices on songs that we wanted to sing and a lot of guts to sing it. But that's alright, we were just there for the fun and that's exactly what we had.

It was 2a.m. when we strongly asserted that we had to go. Funny but some of them were just starting to have fun. Good that we succeeded and sending our message and off we go to home and sleep.

===============

A touching story from my LJ friend Vina's blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts