Monday, January 16, 2012

Robert Langdon: Take 3

Photo credit: goodreads.com
The Lost Symbol
by Dan Brown
My Rating:  ☼☼☼

I asked my Facebook friends which would it be:  Dan Brown or Elie Wiesel.  Dan Brown won.  And I guess it's just right since I've been reading a few holocaust accounts lately.

But I am not really THAT impressed with the book.  The plot is the same as that of the past two books, namely:  The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.

It's very similar from those of the past two books. The plot goes predictable as you read along. The only thing that you have to watch out is how the puzzle will be solved and what is really the lost symbol - or what are they looking for this time. 

But, it just goes like this: an influential person is held captive. The captor wants something. This something needs to be solved and they need Robert Langdon to solve it. Then, again, there's this lady who goes with Robert as he journeys to find and solve the missing pieces. At times, it feels like the lady outsmarts him in more ways. 

Then, the climax. They are into this sacred place, with the captor, the captive, the lady and Robert - later on the authorities. 

You just have to look for what they are trying to solve this time. 

But I should say the concept of the lost symbol is brilliant.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts