Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pasalubong #38: Christmas package from the hospice

There were three packs of rice but the third was big that we feared the glass of the table could not carry the weight
This is the card from one of the sponsors.  The other was on the bag: 'CSI shares His blessings.'

The Madre de Amor Hospice Foundation held its Christmas party today somewhere in Los BaƱos.  My dad went there as my representative since I am not that confident enough to engage in long trips.  Yeah, yeah, I know it's just a few towns away.  But the farthest I've been to since I got sick was not even at Pila, Laguna. I know I could make it to the venue.  But I could not assure it that I won't feel tired by the time I get there.  Not to mention the fact that I should have the strength to make it back.

The hospice offers pallative care mainly for cancer patients around Laguna.  I have been a member since I was diagnosed and I am overwhelmed by the support that I get from them.  They visit our house once a week to ask me how I am.  Sometimes, they even have some pasalubongs not only for me but for the other members of our household.  One time, they brought a small packet with stuffs but what I remember the most is that it has Vitamin C which we think is meant for the ones who are taking care of us patients.

Thank you to the efforts of the volunteers, Geove Iglesia, Jen Rualo and Jackie Lerado for the effort of trying to make it almost every week not only to my household but to also to those others suffering from cancer.  I may not be vocal about how much I appreciate your efforts but I sincerely appreciate each visit you made to our home.  Also, I would not forget that time when you stayed with me while my dad went to buy food and I was chilling because of my infection.

Kudos to the efforts of the whole foundation!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts