Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I haven't been blogging nor tweeting.  I have been busy both with the holidays and CityVille, my newest addiction in Facebook.  But, I think it won't last long since the need for zoning permits to expand withers my spirit.

But the holiday spirit doesn't wither me and will not wither me.  Although this year we didn't buy any fireworks, not even the Liwayway sparkles we bought last year, the spirit was strong as ever.  And I think it was even stronger, for high hopes this year.

I know that a lot of people didn't buy a lot of fireworks either.  Although our neighbor had some fountains.


Last night's 'putukan' didn't last the way it used to, as compared to how it was when I was a kid and not afraid of fireworks.  I remember there was one new year that I was the one who lit the 'sawa' fireworks which was at that time one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive fireworks.

But our zest for fireworks started to wither when my cousin was trying to do the "Darna" trick out of pulburas taken out of the bawang.  For some reason, instead of just the darna effect, it went boom and scared him, although it didn't hurt him.  After that year, we stopped buying those paputoks altogether and just settled for fountains.

This year, I realized that no matter how many or how less your fireworks and your media noche treats are, there is nothing compared to the spirit for the hope of a better year.  And we Filipinos never lose this.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts