Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Yellow Box

The morning of October 25.

I woke up early to take a morning walk at the sports complex.  It's been a while since I have done some early morning walks and I think I really must do it.

We hailed a jeep and this is what is in the middle.  I think we call it 'estribo.'
That's my leg sticking out because we didn't have enough room at the estribo
Side by side with the taho container sits our precious ballot box.  There were several teachers who were supposed to be having a break from class.  But instead, they had to stay up late the day before and woke up early this day to be of service to our country.

Their hair still wet from a bath they quickly took, they board the passenger jeepney loaded with several taho containers side by side their ballot boxes.  That was just past six o'clock in the morning.

I thought ahead of time.

Later on, they will have to do with cold, packed lunches.  Then, they will have to stay up late to count the ballots.  What a sacrfice.

Then, early evening, we will hear in the news.  The voters are sooooo pissed off and complaining because they didn't have a pen?

Jesus!  These teachers didn't even complain about what they had to give up for this day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts