Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Few Thoughts From Yesterday

Pilipinas Win na Win's OMG portion is really crap. The OMG item the other day was a pair of tsinelas (slippers or flip-flops). And what was the theme? Ang hinahanap natin ngayon ay mga bagay na karaniwang nakikita sa beach (Today, we are looking for the things most commonly found at the beach). I think they really do not want their contestants to win. This is more manipulating than the Cash Bukas portion of "Wowowee." If you say what is the most common thing you find at the beach, then, will it be a pair of tsinelas? It would have been something like a lotion or a beach towel or a dried star fish or sea shells. But tsinelas? For me, the people behind the show are just making themselves look stupid. Have you observed the audience's reaction when the computer marks the board "X." They are quiet... with disbelief.

Raindrops and Flowers
I thought my Saturday will just be a regular day. But it wasn't. A very good friend of mine told me about this medical mission going on as we spoke, at the Cultural Center of Laguna, so I went there to take a look at what's happening. It was already about 11:00 and there were still a lot of people seeking assistance. One of the volunteers told me that they were supposed to be there until 12:00 noon, but from the looks of it, they might stay until late afternoon. There were actually two medical missions happening yesterday. One was at the covered court of the municipal hall and that was organized by the PGMHS Batch 1980 group. Please correct me if this is wrong. I just saw one of the banners. I think this is the most practical activity to organize nowadays. Our provincial hospital has been very busy with a lot of dengue cases lately apart from other emergency cases, and it's just good that those with other cases can go to this activity. Of course medical missions do not serve as replacements from hospitals, but it would sure be a lot of help.

I wanted to go out at an earlier time to take some pictures. I wanted to take the opportunity of the perfect light on taking photos. But it was raining and I could always wear a raincoat but my camera will get wet. So, the furthest I could go was between our front door and our gate. I thought of testing my camera's limitations again. This time, how it will capture those droplets of water that form on almost everything that the rain falls on. And the picture above is what I got. Not bad for a rainy day, right? And for a camera as limited as mine. Then,


I thought of this quote:

"You can buy the camera, but not the eye to take photos."
If someone else coined this before me, then I give credit to him/her. But if not, consider this as my quote.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts