Monday, May 3, 2010

Roller Coaster Update

It's been six months since I went home from Dubai, five months since my operation, and four months after my 'in-between days.' [The time that I call 'in-between days' is the time between my biopsy result and my CT scan result.]

After my 'in-between days,' I have known a lot of people who were fighting the battle for months already. One of them was the friend who just passed away last week, the other is my friend's aunt and another one is my second cousin's husband.

I already wrote about my friend's passing last week here.

Over the weekend, I got updates from the other two.

My friend's aunt was rushed to the hospital yesterday due to difficulty in breathing. We have yet to find out what happens next.

My second cousin's husband, on the other hand, was told to stopped his chemotherapy and was being injected morphine almost thrice a day. He was at the hospital some time last week to extract fluid from his lungs.

I won't go to the details anymore.

I am lucky enough to have been cleared when I had my CT scan last December. But as per what my oncologist said, my cells are aggressive and there is no guarantee that they wouldn't be back even after chemotherapy, a procedure I didn't choose to undergo.

I don't know if these things make me more scared or more prepared for whatever might happen in due time and if ever they will happen at all.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts