Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Road to Jovit's 'Pyramid'

Jovit.

I know many of you will not like what I will say, but that's okay.

Yes, he was amazing; I got goosebumps when I first heard him sing. Probably, half of the people who was seeing him the same time I did, got it, too. But the second time around, I couldn't help but realize. Just like Charice, these are two great Pinoy talents. They wow almost everyone. But, honestly, I wasn't really 100% wow'd by Charice when I first saw her sing. Yeah, Oprah and all were awed. But as for me, and probably a few people, I don't see it that way. I thought Charice was just copying somebody else's talent. And this is exactly how I felt with Jovit. He was just trying to copy someone else's voice. And they happened to be both very good at it. So, this is 2 talents, copying and singing good.

In voting, I would vote for that Ezra band for the uniqueness of their style. And Mr Ruther, too, who is a ventriloquist. Well, he's not yet as good as Jeff Dunham - who's my favorite - but I think he's getting there. The Ezra band's style is very unique. The vocalist has a very unique singing voice and the way they change the beat or melody of the song is pure talent, too. They sing songs of other people but they're not trying to sing it 'their' way. They are singing it on their own style.

Jovit will make it far, like Charice. I never liked Charice's style (take note, I said her style, because I like her that she has a talent for singing), but when she finally sang 'Pyramid,' I was awed. She finally has her own style. And I like her in a totally different way.

If Jovit wouldn't make it to the top of Pilipinas Got Talent, I hope there's someone who will see his talent and 'package' him in a totally different way. Sayang ang talent if he will only keep copying other styles. Pero kungsabagay, it took Charice how many years to find 'Pyramid.'


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts