Saturday, May 22, 2010

Influence and Change


I could say that Sesame Street has the most influence to me when it comes to the English language. I do not say that I am very good at it, but I am not bad at all. I remember, as a kid, I used to watch out for it every time I know it's airing.

One character that stuck in my mind is Big Bird's invisible friend, Mr Snuffleupagus. I even coined my previous twitter account - Mrs Snuff - in memory of him. I shortened it for reasons. One thing is the 140-character limit, but that's just a shallow excuse. I might have used it fully if not for the second reason. I actually do not know how to spell Snuffeleupagus correctly until this morning when I saw a video clip of Martin Scorsece's Sesame Streets here.

Scorcese's Sesame Streets led me to YouTube the theme song above. You might ask why I didn't embed Scorcese's video instead. Truth is, I was disillusioned by the video. Watch it so you'll know and understand me. But the sad thing is that Scorecese's version is somewhat a reality, most especially, NOW. The world has changed; it changed a lot and so badly that sometimes I wished it didn't have to. As the voice-over said, "When memories linger, sometimes the most dangerous place to go is back home." That bad, huh?

I think most of you will agree with me that this isn't the change that we are looking for and longing to have.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts