Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Great Expectations

Just about an hour ago as of this writing, I was talking to a friend I met in Dubai during those two years that I stayed there. I was kinda curious about her status that I had to ask. After the casual Hi's and Hello's, I found out that she's on a lay-over on her way back home; here in Pinas.

It is ALWAYS good to talk to old friends... those that we haven't been with for a while. In our case, I lost touch with her since I headed home.

Then, we asked where we each come from.


She told me that she'll visit me when the dust settles.

I felt good.

But I couldn't resist saying what was on my mind.

"Many have promised. But no one ever came. So, don't worry, I understand if you won't make it either."

But I'm still glad they wanted it, said it, promised it.

Considering the travel time from one place to another, time spent travelling is better spent with your families whom you saw only once in what? A year? Two years? Three?

We're friends, still. And I'm always glad we are.

*Image copied from this page.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts