Saturday, January 9, 2010

December Dilemma

Notice that I didn't go into the details of the time that I was at the hospital. I originally wanted to, but I am still thinking whether some events are really better told personally than written. So, I decided to just pass on it and just try to go into bits of experience later on.

I got out of the hospital on the 26th of November. The first week was not very easy not just because of the pain, but also, the adjustments that I have to do during these first few days of being home.

Another hard thing is that the result of the biopsy [taken from the cyst] did not turn out good. My doctor-friend could not tell me personally so it took a while before my sister had the courage to do so. After the revelation, my friends started coming. They started to spend more time at our home than the usual. They have their weekend dinners here at our home bringing stuffs to eat. I really appreciate it even I abstained from eating what they brought. This is because I opted to go for alternative ways to fight cancer.

I am most touched by those friends who tried to help in their little ways. Most of them drop by for a visit to ask what's good and what's not good, then come back with whatever they can bring. I have a friend who came here bringing a kilo of muscovado sugar because she learned from us that this is what I am using instead of the regular sugar. Someone brought me a piece of underwear as a gift. One friend brought a Nescafe-glass full of miracle seed which he said his mom used to cure one of her illnesses previously. I wanted a link of this but currently all I can find are ads here and there so I opted not to.

During these two weeks, I have a dilemma. After detecting the cancer, I was advised by my doctor-friend [who has been there for me all along, too] to go for CT Scan to stage, locate and detect new growths of cancer. I DID NOT want to. For physical, mental and financial reasons. Mental because logic tells me that what is the purpose of spending too much to just know where and what stage the cancer is. I have cancer... that's it, period.

But after thinking hard, I came up with the reasoning. If I choose to go for alternative medicines, how will I know if I am improving or deteriorating? How will I know if what I am doing works? There should be some point where I can start. Convinced, the only problem was the second reason. And through the help of relatives that I didn't even ask, I went inside that dome-like equipment for about 30 minutes. Not to mention that I had to drink this substance for contrast [a CT Scan process that brings clearer results].

It was the 17th when we got the CT Scan result - CLEAR. All tests - pelvic, abdomen and chest - did not show any new growth, any stage, any sign of cancer.


During these two weeks, I maintained a diet that does not include all those cancer-causing and cancer-enhancing foods. Well, these foods are those that are mentioned by friends and relatives who have relatives or friends or know-someone with cancer. I followed all this, totally changing my diet to just vegetables and fish [deep sea fishes], etc. And there is one plant that my Dad heard of to cure cancer. It's the regular back-yard, most-of-the-time ignored plant, MALUNGGAY [Moringa oleifera]. If, STILL, some of you do not know what it looks like, I took this picture [just this morning] in front of our house where we harvest our leaves. I have done a lot of research on this plant and the more I researched, the more I am finding out about the benefits of this plant, other than cancer prevention and cure.

picture copied from this site


One of my friends also told me that the native GUYABANO [Soursop aka Guanabana and Graviola in other countries] fruit is like having chemotherapy 10,000 times. He said that one of his friends has cancer and underwent chemotherapy for several times but came in to a point where he told the doctor that he can't anymore. He was told by his doctor to eat Guyabano instead because that is 10,000 times worth of chemotherapy. So, I included this in my diet, too. I take a small portion of it together with my breakfast every day.

Of course, we all know about the carrot so I won't go into that. But, just FYI, I also have a piece of that every day, either turned into a shake or as a snack (which sometimes may get a little difficult to finish). Just to give a little tip, carrot shake is kind of rough when you're swallowing it but that is bearable.

I opted to write about these things [thus, making this post longer] because I believe these things help me through. If you know someone or someone-who-knows-someone with cancer, these things might help them through, too.

But above all these, I think the most effective is my doctor-friend's advice to PRAY and to "always keep a happy disposition, because being depressed and staying depressed activates the cancer cells."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts