Saturday, July 4, 2009

Summer's Started

One of the benefits I enjoy in this room I have been staying in since March is the peace and quiet it offers. They deliberately did not have the t.v. for this reason, plus the fact that they say we do not have time for that anymore [we have internet access]. This means that I haven't seen one single TFC nor Orbit program since November last year. If I want noise - loud, that is - I grab my DJ-mode headphones and shove it on my big head and enjoy whatever playlist I feel like playing.

I have just finished the book "Blaze" by Richard Bachman. Insights are here and my summary is here. This wasn't in my line-up of books to read but I had to squeeze it in since it was just borrowed from someone else's accomodation's small library. Which means I'm only given a week. The book wasn't long enough, though so it wasn't that hard, since I am not really a fast reader.

Last night, I started with "First Family" by David Baldacci. Again, not in my line-up but my room mate found this book somewhere, read it, then gave it to me so I can read it, too. I am assuming that - even if it doesn't have a deadline - that someone else will be next in line, that's why I didn't put it off behind one of the books in my possession. I do not want to pass on it since I believe that every book has something good to offer, even if the author is not on your list.

Summer is - officially - here. In the middle of the week that just passed, I came out of our office building wearing my glasses when the lenses were rapidly covered with fog. I have read this, too, in one of the blogs I'm following. Day after that, I went out and it was scorching. I think it was the hottest so far, for this year and the others that I have been here. I felt the heat of the wind seeping through my clothes. That's the best I can do to describe it. I couldn't seem to find the right words to describe how hot it was that day. It's just not enough to say it's 45c on the temp. It was really a different heat, a different feeling.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts