Monday, March 30, 2009

Falling on my Head

I found it strange to wake up this morning without seeing the familiar beam of light at the window. Yes, it was one rainy day. I was thinking of a million excuses not to go to work, but I figured, what is there to lose? I'd rather save it for my migRAINey days...

I was half-hoping that I didn't have to go out for errands, but there was. It was noon when I had to go. It began to drizzle when I was in the bus. The stop is like a few hundred meters from my target place. I had to walk. The fun started. I was walking with my raincoat on (it's the one I am wearing in my profile image) and was actually feeling happy and gay while I was walking. I have never enjoyed walking in the rain before as much as did today. I contemplated later in the afternoon that it might be the fact that we RARELY have rains here in Dubai. But hey, whatever, I enjoyed it, and what else is there to think?

Later in the afternoon, I was talking to one of my clients about medical insurance and asked her if she'd like a maternity option because of the waiting period. She said she's 40 and is not thinking about it anymore. To which I agreed without hesitation. I said I feel the same way, too. Well, I just realized now; I used to say that I wanted to have someone walk with me in the rain, and never happened before. But I guess, right now, with or without someone, I'm happy having raindrops falling on my head.

I went home early today though, which is kinda lucky since this rarely happens that I got a carpool going to where I stay. I wanted to have more time with Fyodor and Myshkin since I haven't been spending time with them. It's not that they have become less interesting. In fact, I couldn't wait to get through with the story. But the thing is, the book is soooo good that every idea, argument, thought and opinion needs more focus and I get a lot of disctractions on the internet.

I'm off to be with them for a longer time tonight...

Mood Music:
One of my old-time favorites:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts