Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cycle 3 is on Monday next week & Mercury's out


I was with my oncologist yesterday. Again.

I showed the results of my blood works and it's (again) good news... everything's normal! So, that means that we have the go signal for the third cycle.

But this issue with the meds is what postponed it until next week. I would have been confined later today and off to everything in two days. But the meds for my chemo couldn't be delivered (and no med rep would deliver because it's a holiday).

Some of you will think: we still have the rest of the week. But my oncologist will be out on a trip on Thursday, so that answers your question. She'll be on vacation on the last few days of the week, that's why. So, we both agreed that it'll be good to go next week. That excites me because this would be the first time that I would be having a longer break. I want to know if the numbness on my hands and feet will go away anytime this week or not, although I don't expect that to happen.

Anyway.
Mercury's Out
The final days of last week was a roller coaster of status. No, not the chemo pains this time. I am feeling like a fever is on the verge of happening. I consulted this with my oncologist last Saturday. She said that it might be because of the ever-changing weather these days. If not, I will have to have another CBC to check what is causing this matter.

Because of this, we looked for our mercurial thermometer. We looked around the house and not found it. My sister said that she just kept it somewhere. But after some time, I suspected that it might have broken and we totally forgot about it. So, time to buy a new one.

I was surprised to know that mercurial thermometers are really phased out. At the hospital, all the while I thought that they just upgraded for commercial reasons. I have no idea that these mercurial thermometers have really been phased out. Well, I am aware of the dangers of mercury, but I will argue about those mercurial sphygmomanometers that they still use. I was hesitant to buy because it costs Php 250.00 - that's the cheapest. Because I was thinking two-hundred-fifty-for-a-thermometer? That's because I was just prepared to buy one for Php30.00 - or Php50.00 at the most.

And so I bought. Because I need to monitor my temperature these days.

But as I was trying to take this picture above, I still couldn't move on. Why? Because I think that a thermometer is a must around the house. And at this price, not everyone would prioritize it nowadays. Because if it weren't for my situation, I wouldn't have bought one myself.

2 comments:

Tita Beng said...

Hello Clara!

So, you'll be on a longer break this time huh? Wayback when I was under chemo treatment, I thought I was already dying when Pneumonia hit me. My immune system was at its lowest and it was one of the worst that I went through. So, maybe, in your case, it would be best if you'll protect yourself with hospital mask and avoid crowds as much as possible. Take extra ordinary care.

God bless!

Clara said...

HI TITA BENG!

That's what I am super afraid of - to have Pneumonia. I've been warned by my doctor-friend at the start of my chemotherapy that I really need to be extra careful about that.

Thank you so much for sharing me your experiences - it's a great encouragement and inspiration for me to know about how you've gone through it and survived!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts