Thursday, September 1, 2011

DudayMind: Post #3

  • Dad came home a few days ago with a news.  One of his friends' wife has a cyst in one of her kidneys.  She's on medications right now to see if it would work without her having to undergo surgery.  The first thing I asked was how many kids they have and what are their ages.  It really saddens me if I hear that they have very young kids;  they may be old enough to understand what's going on but I don't think they are old enough to endure the suffering.  
  • It might be old but when I saw Sarah Geronimo sang and danced this song in one of ASAP's re-runs, I knew that there is something in Sarah's voice that is extremely different from Angeline Quinto.  Not that I am comparing them.  And also, not that I am a fan of Sarah nor Angeline.  It's just that I saw and heard a lot of articles trying to compare them.  The thing is they are incomparable to me.   Oh, and this song also reminds me of my sister and I's friend who is now in Jordan.  She used to attend my sister's aerobics classes and she's a good dancer.  I wouldn't forget that she visited our house a few days before she left for Jordan.

 


03 - Track ALICIA KEYS FT BEYONCE - PUT IT IN A LOVE SONG by NEW DJ RAHSHEEN CD

  • I think there's something not right with the new Jollibee's breakafast meals commercial.  The spiel says:  Chicken sausages with pancakes.  And I really think it should be pancakes with chicken sausages.   
  • I keep on forgetting this and maybe if I write it down here, I'll always remember it afterwards.  Ano ang tagalog sa kulay na "orange?"  Ang sagot:  KAHEL.
  • Somehow, even if there is Facebook and other sites to remind me of a friend's birthday, I still feel a very deep, sentimental feeling in putting my friends' names on their dates of birth in my diary/organizer.  I do that every year. 

  • I was exchanging tweets with a friend from Dubai and our topic was the show, "Happy, Yippee, Yehey!"  She was agreeing with me when I told her that Rico J. Puno does not belong to the show.  That eventually went to the games.  I told her that "The Toot Game" and "Tanging Hinga Mo" are just glorified parlor games.  I told her that when you watch the show it's just like attending a kiddie birthday party... without the food. 
  • It's kind of annoying for me when I see people on Facebook who posts quotes and not including the names of the authors.  I don't know what their reasons are but I find it basically rude not to give credit to the right person.  If their reason is just to make it look like they were the ones who "coined" it, hello, don't you guys realize that somehow, your friends will read it from somewhere else complete with the author's name?  But if your reason is that you just don't know who wrote it and it's not you, just put "author unknown" or anonymous.  The issue here is respect. 
  • This is a late reaction.  No matter how I tried to liberate my mind, I still find the Mideo Cruz paintings offending.  To put it in a simply, it's like defacing the image of your father.  And I wouldn't want anyone defacing my dad's picture in any way. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts