Friday, July 1, 2011

Just sway your head if you can't dance


Never You Done That - General Public

So, the title itself poses a question. What the hell does it mean? Well, even the lyrics still sound strange to me.

Hmm, let's just not mind it. I never did when I was young. I find this music 'danceable' and back in the '80s, I was looking for a 12" copy just so I could keep it, because our turntable already broke and was beyond repair. You see, back then, having and holding a 12"version could already be heaven in your hands. But when I finally found it, I backed out thinking how could I even listen to it.

Later on, I got a copy of a 12"version on cassette, which Rosing later ate for dinner. So, down it went to the hidden files of my mind.

Now, here it is. THE 12"version that I so love! It's a good thing there's YouTube now. I could find a lot of songs that I think only I and the one who uploaded it really liked. Let's just pray that the YouTube police won't take the copy out because of what they call infringements.

Anyway, I used to dance to this when I'm alone. Oooppss, did I just goof there? And now that my feet still has pins and needles, I just sway my head tap my fingers.

Ah, memories. I thank God for them during these times that I am looking forward to making more of when I finally get well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts