Since I started chemotherapy, we have been observing the things that would happen after each session. Just so we know, and just so we know what to more or less expect on the next coming sessions.
One of the things that we observed was the body malaise that I experience during the fifth day after the cycle. Since we go on a Monday, etc., etc., the fifth day has always fallen on a Sunday. And this Sunday was not entirely different from those others.
But one thing that I noticed was that the body malaise did not set in until early in the evening. Previously, it started while I was taking a bath in the morning. It was so significant for me since I could hardly finish drying off when I start feeling so weak. The rest of the day was spent in bed, waking up, sleeping, waking up, sleeping.
Last Sunday, I found myself not on this mode. Although I must say that there are a few body pains here and there. Well, these body pains are those that I've gotten quite used to and do not call for pain relievers. I know they hurt but they do not hurt bad enough for me to seek some comfort. After a while, they will subside and find comfort to some other parts. Talk about their leisure of finding fortress wherever they want to. The fact is, they're still within my territory, right? But anyhow, I think they manage to get tired to leave me after some time.
Anyway.
Today is a week after the third cycle and that means that I am going to see my oncologist today for my follow-up. I guess she'd be surprised to know that both my feet are not swelling - although the pins and needles have recurred on them plus both my hands. I wonder what she'll say when she hears that. Oh, and I think I need to tell her, too, that I'm having some sort of back pain that is some sort of a muscle pain. I think it is muscle pain since it sort of subsides whenever I put a blanket over when I am sleeping.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
I was able to successfully find out that cross-blogging thingy again and activated it. But as you may have observed, apparently there is th...
-
Even before this move to a new place, I have been thinking a lot about home. With the worldwide financial crisis, you cannot help to think o...
-
Part of my job is making cold calls to companies inquiring about the insurance requirements. This isn't easy as some of you might have ...
-
Where I am at, it’s in the news that New Year Celebrations are postponed. And I quote in the news: All hotels in Dubai have been told to ca...
-
There were friends who expressed intent to visit long before. But, I always declined. Sometimes, it was because of the nature of the cycle...
-
The final days of last week was not okay. It was the first time I experienced how it was to chill and I chilled to the bones - it's...
-
It is normal, but not very often, that I see bumper stickers of our Philippine flag here. I feel pride whenever I see one on the streets. I ...
-
Yesterday, it took me over 30 minutes for what could have been just a 15-minute ride. I was rushing to get home in time for the early eveni...
-
I tweeted/plurked yesterday that I didn't sleep well the other night because of a couple of Mr.&Mrs. Smiths for company. If you don...
-
Dad came home a few days ago with a news. One of his friends' wife has a cyst in one of her kidneys. She's on medications right no...
No comments:
Post a Comment