Friday, November 19, 2010

A coffee from somewhere out there

My afternoon started right after lunch.

I had a very insightful meeting with someone that I will be featuring in my project.  I told her it won't take too much time, but it turned out that there were a lot of things we could talk about.  In fact, I told her it would only take about 15-20 minutes, but we talked for two hours and still we look forward for another meeting about a lot more other things.  I was even late for my other meeting set to this day.

Well, if you guys know me, late for me is a meeting where I cannot be there fifteen minutes before.

This other meeting was with one of my biggest sponsors for my project and you can find a glimpse of what went on here.  We talked at his office about his proposal for the first quarter of this year and I said that I will still have to qualify the proposal, since it's a bit leaning towards politics - which I am trying to avoid.

But anyway, he told me he would like a cup of coffee and a smoke and asked me if it was okay for us to go out to get one.  I thought he'd take me to the coffee shop in the mall which was quite near a recording booth.  Something I didn't like.  When someone's paid to record his songs in that booth, it was such a noise even if he sings good.  The speakers are just too loud and not really that conducive if you want to have conversations.

But no, he didn't.  He led me outside and into a small canteen beside the mall.  The place is called Masuwerte Canteen.  He ordered coffee and it was served in a styro cup, which remind me of those chais and coffees that I order in Dubai.  But, at least it isn't served in those empty coffee glasses like those Blend 45 days.

That was a good coffee!  I told him.  And he said that's why I brought you here.  Well, aside from the silence in the place, I enjoyed the coffee and we were able to talk about more of his proposals on that place.  It's actually beside the jeepney station beside the mall, the place where the jeepneys park while waiting for their dispatch.  It was quiet, not so many people, no sounds coming from speakers.

How I really love life's simple pleasures.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts