Monday, September 20, 2010

Make You Better



Remember how, when we were kids, our folks tell us to not just butt in on conversations? Back then I know that it makes us feel like we were being cast out. It makes us feel like we didn't count at all. Even if they explained that it's not polite to do that, it still made us feel a little bad although it was pretty much clear that they were right.

Someone owes me something that he just didn't borrow. He owes me something that I worked hard for with a promise that I'll get paid. But somewhere along the way, he says somebody screwed up and he couldn't pay me yet. I kept quiet because I understood. But that was three months ago. But then, a post on his wall prompted me to break my silence discretely, which I'm sure he deciphered. I posted something on one of his accounts to ask what's the news, he simply said he doesn't have any news, too. Fine. I understood. But some of his friends left comments: the news is on the papers, on the radios or the cave, without having a clue of what it's all about. I wanted to say, "I am not talking to you, people." But I am not that type. So, instead, I wrote: If only these people know what kind of news I am looking for. And now, this guy says sorry, which I am sure, he's doing in behalf of his friends, because in the first place, at this point, it's not about him.

Now, again, I can hear my mother talk. This is one of the reasons why our mothers say, "Do not just butt in to conversations."

It's not that you're not good enough
It's just that we can make you better
Given that you pay the price
We can make you young and tender
~ Tears For Fears
Mothers Talk

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts