Along with my search for new template and a free web hosting, I was also looking for cheap domain names. That was only one of the requirements. I need to buy it using my Paypal. Also, it has to be from a site that is from the Philippines so that customer support will be easier on the phone just in case the internet will not be enough.
Unfortunately, I got in touch with two local sites with very poor customer support. On the first site, I got as far as getting the domain name in my shopping cart but I had to stop and ask thru their email support if they accept Paypal. I was a little lenient since it was a weekend. But it was already Wednesday after the weekend and no reply yet. I figured if they cannot reply with payment options, I wonder what happens if it's technical support after the sale.
The second one was more expensive, but I took the chances, because I was thinking, they might be offering a better customer support. But then again, when I asked for the process of paying thru Western Union (Yes, I ignored my Paypal requirement just to get the domain name) so I can start the process. But then again, two nights have passed and no response from them. Again, I figured that if they can't deal with the question of payment, what more with customer support?
Being a bit disappointed, I tweeted that I was looking for a cheap domain name. Luckily, one of my readers here and a frequent commentator linked me to www.namecheap.com.
I got the domain name for less than $9.00 and I did the registration in no time at all. This is even cheaper than the other two local sites.
The pointing and redirecting and all took a little more time. I tried doing it myself first but I wasn't successful after several tries, so I tried to connect to their live support. It took a minute to connect me to a guy named Igor who helped me through the process with a lot of patience.
I am really disappointed with the local sites that I've tried getting in touch with. I wanted to buy Filipino, but it just didn't work. I wouldn't have mind getting the domain name from them even if it's a little expensive. But I guess they are not up to customer service at all.
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
We only had to wait for an hour for the chest x-ray result. From what I saw, there is nothing to worry about. At least, it's not show...
-
I have been in remission for over a year now. Until. It all started when my bowel movement became irregular and I took it from not drinking ...
-
[This is a late post. I didn't want to post something like this at the start of the year so I waited for a few days.] This happened o...
-
There's a certain something in this song that makes me feel happy when I hear it. There's a certain something in this song that make...
-
I'm finally home after my third cycle. It's a good thing that all's well that ends well, as they say. There weren...
-
I write about everything. I write about my chat with friends, what I did this morning, my moods, but I don't write about my conversati...
-
Even before this move to a new place, I have been thinking a lot about home. With the worldwide financial crisis, you cannot help to think o...
-
Memoirs of a Holocaust Survivor by Icek Kuperberg My Rating: ☼☼☼ Photo credit: goodreads.com This is another account of the...
-
I tweeted/plurked yesterday that I didn't sleep well the other night because of a couple of Mr.&Mrs. Smiths for company. If you don...
-
'fried' ice cream Our dog, Pepe, prefers to each pandesal or monay (local bread) than dog food. Update on my favorite Andok...
No comments:
Post a Comment