Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Good Customer Support

Along with my search for new template and a free web hosting, I was also looking for cheap domain names. That was only one of the requirements. I need to buy it using my Paypal. Also, it has to be from a site that is from the Philippines so that customer support will be easier on the phone just in case the internet will not be enough.

Unfortunately, I got in touch with two local sites with very poor customer support. On the first site, I got as far as getting the domain name in my shopping cart but I had to stop and ask thru their email support if they accept Paypal. I was a little lenient since it was a weekend. But it was already Wednesday after the weekend and no reply yet. I figured if they cannot reply with payment options, I wonder what happens if it's technical support after the sale.

The second one was more expensive, but I took the chances, because I was thinking, they might be offering a better customer support. But then again, when I asked for the process of paying thru Western Union (Yes, I ignored my Paypal requirement just to get the domain name) so I can start the process. But then again, two nights have passed and no response from them. Again, I figured that if they can't deal with the question of payment, what more with customer support?

Being a bit disappointed, I tweeted that I was looking for a cheap domain name. Luckily, one of my readers here and a frequent commentator linked me to www.namecheap.com.

I got the domain name for less than $9.00 and I did the registration in no time at all. This is even cheaper than the other two local sites.

The pointing and redirecting and all took a little more time. I tried doing it myself first but I wasn't successful after several tries, so I tried to connect to their live support. It took a minute to connect me to a guy named Igor who helped me through the process with a lot of patience.

I am really disappointed with the local sites that I've tried getting in touch with. I wanted to buy Filipino, but it just didn't work. I wouldn't have mind getting the domain name from them even if it's a little expensive. But I guess they are not up to customer service at all.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts