Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My BlackBerry 8700 from Du

At about the same time last year, I remember hearing about the BlackBerry sale 
on Du shops. It took me a few days to buy. I had to decide because it was an old BlackBerry 8700 model on sale for AED 800 plus the package which summed up to AED 990.00

My BlackBerry 8700

I was thrilled with the service. I could tweet! I could see Facebook updates real time! I can send and receive Yahoo!, Gmail and office e-mails, aside from owning my own @du.blackberry.net e-mail address.

It doesn't have the camera nor a big memory, because it's not the Curve, Bold nor the Storm. But, what I wanted and got was the internet service, which to take it further, allows me to tweet even under the Shindagha Tunnel, and send it fast!

But, I wanted a service I didn't get. I tried to download the Yahoo! Messenger and got it, but couldn't log in. I forgot what the message was but, it led me to call customer care and they said that subscribers cannot use the service because it is not allowed by the TRA. Back then, I didn't even know what that meant and what that does. So, I just said thank you and good day... whatever you want to say....
My BlackBerry 8700

I can tweet, I can Facebook.... Fine!

Back then, I didn't know that it has a signature on its e-mail... 

sent from my BlackBerry® Smartphone from Du

...until my friend responded from an e-mail I sent. She said, "Wow, naka-BlackBerry."

To which I replied, "Sus, eto yong lumang model... 8700."

Where she replied, "E, ano... BlackBerry pa rin noh!"

=========

Du's services were very good at that time. I really don't know why the complicated issues with the BlackBerry and the TRA.

Du Announces New BlackBerry Packages


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts