Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Dislike Button and more...

This story on Yahoo! Philippines today, Facebook scammers spreading fake 'Dislike' button, confirms all doubts that my friends and I have on those "Biggest and Scariest Snake" and "World's Worst McDonald's Customer" posts we get on our wall from time to time. I guess I wasn't curious enough to have opened either of the two.

But I think they're missing one more thing, and I captured it sometime two weeks ago.

This is the screen shot of the hoax event I got on my Facebook account,
so be warned about such tricks that could harm your computers.
During my birthday dinner, my best friend and I talked about online income opportunities and she said that there was one thing at her email that she hasn't paid attention yet. So, when I got an invitation for an event that seems to connect with what we talked about over dinner, I opened the even invitation: Making Money With Joanne. It asked me to go to a link, which my system denied with several warnings and may include Malware. This gave me doubts to go further, so, instead, I took a screen shot and mailed it to my friend, asking her for the details.

My friend and I discussed it through e-mail and after a series of mails, she never created any such event invitation on Facebook.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts