Thursday, December 4, 2008

Almost

But not quite...

I have this long-time dream of being an spectator on a race track. The big dream is to watch F1 racing since I am fond of playing car races on video games - Midnight Club, Gran Turismo, and has played some of the NFS (Need For Speed) series. NFS has become my favorite that I am currently waiting for NFS Undercover. I've played NFS Undgerground several times on PS2, and still playing NFS Carbon (Own The City) intermittently for a year now.

About a week ago, I saw an ad on this favorite newspaper of mine, Emirates Business 24/7, that a series of races would be on from 5 to 6 December. I was apprehensive about this because of all the hooplas like transpo and tickets! Last weekend, while relaxing with my room mates, I was thinking out loud and told them of this and that I dream to see one race. As anticipated, the answer I got from one of my room mates was also pessimistic, considering that thoughts I had, too.

Then, come Sunday.


Ara asked me surprisingly if I wanted to watch car racing. I was enthused by what she said and I thought she was just playing a prank on me; until she showed me the tickets! Complimentary tickets for the full 2 days. Checked out the website here, and got even more excited!!!

Knowing that my greatest obstacle would be the transpo, I told her to give me some time to call some friends to arrange all these, looking forward that I would be coming up with something.

I almost had an answer. But unfortunately, they couldn't make it because the guy who has the car got sick and couldn't give me an answer until today. I wanted to hold on to the ticket until tomorrow but I thought it would be selfish. That it would only end up wasted if we couldn't go anyway.

I am disappointed. I'm in the better-luck-next-time mode.

Ara told me there would be one again next month, and that if she lands with tickets, she'll give me again.

I am just hoping that this next one would be bigger. Like F1s and not SpeedCars.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts