Monday, July 7, 2008

Sales Call I

06 July 2008
22:39

It was mid-day when I finally went for a sales call. As per instructions, I made it earlier than I thought I would to the place. The landmark is this footbridge and I was to cross to reach their office.


While I was at the top of the footbridge, I couldn't resist not to capture this view even if it was 99oF. That triangle thing at the far end of the street is one of the famous landmarks of Dubai - the Clock Tower. I passed by it everyday to and from work, only on the other end of this street called Maktoum Street, one of Dubai’s major thoroughfares.

There are a lot of things that happened today, I guess I just feel too tired to even try to gather my thoughts, much more to write it down. But one thing I tell you, every negative thing that happened today is charged to experience. My boss even told me so. She told me that this is still part of my training; on the job. She believes that I can't learn things in a day, especially in the industry that we are in. More to this, she also believes that you don't learn everything inside books.

There is such thing as immersion. And I believe that we have to do this to be able to learn the people and its culture - no matter where.
Everyday has been fruitful recently. In all aspects I should say. The rewards don't only come in monetary compensation. For every little thing is a reward in its small ways.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts