Thursday, December 22, 2011

"Five hundred million little bells"


I thought I finished all my books here in the house.  But I remembered this book which I bought way back in 2006... during my call center days.  I remember starting to read it but couldn't grasp whatever it was trying to say.  It's probably the environment I was in or the atmosphere... whatever.

It didn't change much though when I tried to read it a few days ago.  But a lot of things have been clearer now than before - at least on those parts which I have read.

I thought I would be carefree when the little prince was leaving and going back to his planet.  But like the author, I was saddened that he had to leave, for there were a lot of lessons in life that we both learned from the little prince.

The most important were probably these:
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
"But the eyes are blind.  One must look with the heart."
"One runs the risk of weeping a little, if one lets himself be tamed."
"The thing that is important is the thing that is not seen."  
The little prince liked to speak in riddles.  It's probably the reason why I had a hard time understanding what he was trying to say.  One thing that struck me the most is his encounter with the fox.  "One runs the risk of weeping a little, if one lets himself be tamed."  The fox wanted the little prince to tame him, and since the little prince didn't know how, the fox taught him.  I suggest you read the book to find out how this part was very touching.  The book is short; you can finish it in a day... and probably read it again to find the answers to the little prince's riddles.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts