Monday, September 5, 2011

A few days before my fifth cycle

Although it is not really protocol that I visit my oncologist before cycles, I went there last Saturday.  First is because my hemoglobin is not within the normal range; second is, I felt the need to show her the present condition of my wound after the extraction.  
The normal hemoglobin range is 12-15 and my result was 11.7.  My oncologist told me that it's okay to go on with chemotherapy at this point.  So, I'd be off for my fifth cycle of chemotherapy next week.  But this time, I will be admitted on Tuesday evening(instead of Monday) and chemotherapy will be on Wednesday.


After that, we had lunch and I asked my sister if we can go to Video City to check if we can apply for membership and rent out some DVDs.  I was actually surprised to find out that their collection of titles are quite old.  Or maybe the new ones are all rented out?  I was and still a little nostalgic because I remember those days when I still own a video shop.  Some of their titles were as old as my video shop and those were some of the title that we really mad money out of...  like Jumanji, While You Were Sleeping, etc.  It wasn't hard to apply for membership.  We got it in a jiff.  Rental rates are:  Php 16.00 for VCDs and Php 18.00 for DVDs.  I got "Salt" and "The Departed."


The Guns N' Roses - which stars Robin Padilla and Bea Alonzo - teleserye is probably the shortest running teleserye ever made.  (Correct me if I'm wrong).  I accurately remember "100 Days To Heaven" started May 10. 2011 because that was incidentally the start of my first chemotherapy and Guns N' Roses started weeks after.  And now it's ending by September 12.  If it started June, the teleserye only made a run for three months.  Probably the rating is not so good.


I want to see how James Soriano looks like.  I imagine him as a coño kid from one of those posh villages based on his article, "Language, Learning, Identity, Privelege."  Just in case this won't work in the future since The Manila Bulletin actually deleted it after it created reactions, you can still as-if read the article on this link which actually edited his article: "Editing James Soriano." And if you want one of the best reactions written on his article, try "The Filipino is Multilingual" which I think is a very good piece.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts