Wednesday, August 10, 2011

All my life, you're a friend of mine...


This is my best friend's gift to me for my forty-third birthday. While I was watching this video, I realized that we've known each other more than half of our lives. We were classmates and seatmates throughout high school and we have a lot of wacky memories being seatmates.  Wait.... let's say that we have more memories being seat mates than going out somewhere else.  We have different sets of friends, but we always end up being there for each other in healing each others' wounds.
Back in 2009, when I was in Dubai and found out about my ovarian cyst, she was the first one I called.  I didn't want my family to worry about something that I am not so certain yet, so I called her.  She told me to think about it first and to confirm everything before calling home.  Which I did.

When I learned about my cancer, she was one of the firsts to know.  And she was the one who helped me raise funds for my chemotherapy.  She was and is actually the point of contact of many of those people who extended help for my treatment.  She runs some errands for me since I got sick.

With her, things are a little easier than they are.

All my life, she's a friend of mine.

1 comment:

Ibyang531 said...

love u, fre. u know u were there for me, too.. a lot of times. my crying shoulder, guardian of my secrets, he he. thanks so much. be well. we'll catch up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts