Friday, January 28, 2011

After the fourth chapter of Dubliners

Eveline.

That was the fourth chapter of the book.  I just finished it and just started with the fifth, After the Race.

The thing is I got confused.  I am not sure I am getting what the book is all about.  So, I googled the book, which I don't normally do.  I looked for the study guides which might tell me things about the book without spoiling my enthusiasm.  And gladly, instead of ruining it, the more it made me want to go on and read more.

Well, from what I have read so far, it looks to me that the book is not a story about just one person or one central character.  The way I see it, it seems that each chapter is not about one central character, but instead, one central place, Dublin, and each chapter tells about the people of Dublin, thus, the title, Dubliners.

I guess it's too early to feel stupid about not getting the book by the title itself.  But I think I will have to read more to find out if what I discovered tonight is right.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts