Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Colored My World

Look what I found inside my sister's pencil case….

Do you still remember this thing?


It was my alternative to Stabilo Boss when I was in college. It comes, too, in colors green and blue, but I never bought those options. Although my favorite is green, I just think that it makes it hard for me to see the words after shading them. I find it convenient to use it over Stabilos especially if I happen to have books that used newsprints because dermatographs doesn’t go all the way to the back of the paper. I used to compare with crayons but crayons have this oily substance that it leaves on your hands after touching them.

Dermatographs and Stabilo Boss were my tools way back in college to help me remember important phrases in my notes. It also helped me a lot in memorizing and understanding a lot of things from those countless researches that we made during college. It helped me took note of the things that I need to write down for further reference or for more details on those topics that I highlighted.

But also, I heard way back that it is also used by tailors to mark the cloths they are working on but I have doubts on this. From what I know, tailors used the tailor's chalk and that was it for me. I never really found it if dermatographs were indeed an option for them.

Anyway.

I am actually amazed that I get to see one of these again. My sister told me that I gave this to her years ago and not as a student anymore. We both use it to highlight parts of our diaries that we deem important or something to remember. I was thrilled to see one that I started highlighting the dates on my improvised moleskin which was actually an unused diary from last year's.

I wonder if they still have this in the stores now. I will have to check our local book store if they still have it. Sometimes, small town stores have the oldest stocks you can imagine. But I will also have to ask my friend if they still have it in the book stores in Manila. They may still be available but I just think it's not as many as before.

Did you use dermatographs in college or even after college? How about these days? Please leave me a comment because I'd really like to know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts