Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rattled Snake

We were having a normal night. I was online tweeting and all and my sister was half-watching the tv, half-dozing. Suddenly, our dog Pepe cried an unusual bark. So, since it's not the playful cry, my sister peeped at the screen door to check.


It was a snake!

I admit it I got a little tense because back in my call center days, I , too, saw a snake just outside the room I was staying in Manila (yeah, in Manila... right beside the South Mall in Alabang). I really didn't know what to do. It's a good thing my sister was kinda used to it. She took a long bamboo stick they used for something else and took out a chair where she could stand and started hitting the snake.


She kept on striking and striking and striking until the head was crashed. Our cat, Dinky, and our dog, Pepe, kept on the sides until my sister stopped striking. Both pictures were actually taken after she stopped striking. But while this shot was being taken, the snake was still moving, trying to fight for its life. I think I asked my dad three or maybe four times if it's already dead because it was still moving even if its head was totally crashed. Dad said that it's really like that and will continue moving for a while. So, we watched while our pets Pepe and Dinky was kinda playing with the poor snake.

When it finally laid still, my sister and I took it outside and while we were trying to catch our breath inside the house, we were trying to figure out if our cat Dinky brought it here to play for it. But, when we saw the snake first time, it didn't have any clues that Dinky tried to strike the poor snake. Well, another snake got here a long time ago but it was already wounded. A sign that Dinky just brought it in to play with it. We know that cats don't eat snakes. They just capture it and play with it till it's dead. So, we concluded that by the looks of the snake, it wasn't like Dinky brought it in as her playmate but some rattled snake that happened to drop by our house. Unfortunately, not for something else, but to perish. Another example of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think we were left without any choice. Either we kill or get killed.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts