Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pilipinas Got Entertainment

It is not like I have been religiously following the show "Pilipinas Got Talent 2010." But I think I wrote about it maybe twice already, meaning that it really caught my attention. You can see those entries here.

I wasn't able to watch the Saturday presentation either, because we were at a friend's house for a despedida dinner. The TV was tuned in and some of my friends sat and watch the finalists. On Sunday, I was half-watching, half-writing my blog when it started.

Well. I kinda lost interest because it was too commercialized for me. One of my questions is why do they have to perform and over again and to announce the winners in a different day. Well, of course, they were set to show their talents together with talents of ABS-CBN.

Anyway, of course Jovit won. Who wasn't expecting him not to. Maybe only I.

You know what my comment was when they announced the Final 3?
*picture grabbed from this site

"Ah ok... so again, the bottomline is ENTERTAINMENT."

I guess that's why Jovit is now being called ABS-CBN's newest blah blah... (sorry, I couldn't remember... or is it that my brain didn't want to?)

I couldn't help but compare it with TV 5's Talentadong Pinoy, which I didn't watch, too, all throughout, but heard that the guy who is very good at YO-YO won.

My choices were, of course, Alakim and the girl who could play the piano, violin and 16 other instruments. Ms. Kris Aquino was right when she told her somewhere in the semi-finals(?) that the reason why they chose her is that very few young ones nowadays are inclined to things like this and that she will serve as an inspiration to the youth out there and that if only the government (DepEd) should give more attention to this sector). I admired Kris for that statement, by the way.

These might not be the choices of many (it's obvious, what am I saying?!).

But this is definitely the talent that deserves the limelight. If they will be developed and enhanced through the help of ABS-CBN, the Filipinos will shine more than ever.

Why?

Because we have had talents like Ms. Lea Salonga, Arnel Pineda (step aside now, for Jovit is here... and I don't like you, really), and of course, Charice Pemepengco, and a lot others that made us Filipinos proud and well-known all over the world.

Then, there's Manny Pacquiao in the field of boxing, the Filipinos Rugby team who just won the Asian Championship, and a lot more.

This would have been another chance for us to be known in another fields. A chance to show that Filipinos do not only sing.

It would have been so nice to say five or six years from now, that Ala Kim is the first Filipino magician known worldwide, than hear a month or two from now, that Arnel Pineda was out of the band Journey, and Jovit is what, the host of Wowowee or is shooting a teleserye with Sarah Geronimo.

I believe that the Filipinos are far better than that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts