Monday, January 7, 2008

6.20

This morning is probably the coldest morning I've experienced here. Though the water is hot enough for a bath, it is still cold when you get out on the streets. I had to stick to my routine so that I wouldn't miss the 6.20 bus, but I wanted to be at the stop not too early and wait out in the cold. Still, I had to wait for about fifteen minutes. But had I missed this bus, the next one would be at 7.10. It would have been a longer, coooolder wait.

I have two bus mates whom I haven't seen for two days now. I kinda wonder where they are. It is not too often that one gets two days off not on a weekend. Then I came to think maybe it was just a part-time job for them. I wondered, too, what kind of job do they hold. Just this morning, there are about 15 resumes sitting in our company's inbox. Unfortunately, only two of them meet our company's requirement. I wonder if they'd make it pass the interview. The average applications I get everyday is 10. Half of them are Filipinos. My boss is looking into hiring three or four more Filipinos. But so far, no one made it through yet.

I am also a bit surprise that there are people here who are actually walking-in at offices and asking for help. Just yesterday, there are two ladies who came in having this paper in Arabic that looks like a prescription. She's asking for some MAFI (money) to help her BABA (father) get medicines. The other one doesn't have anything. She was just asking for some money. Almost everyday, I see things that a lot of our kabayans think only happen in our country. If only they know that there are a lot of things that are not-only-in-the-Philippines. Also, how lucky we still are in a lot of ways.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts