Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My right toenail

This is another thing that's just waiting to happen.

You might ask that why didn't I have it extracted together with the left one?  Believe me, right now, I asked the same question.  And at that time, I was also contemplating whether it was right to have them both extracted.  I opted not to because it was like what they're saying; why are you fixing something that is not yet broken?

And I know I made the right decision to wait for its time.  If I had it extracted at the same time, it would have been very difficult for me to walk.  It would have been very hard to manage two wounds at the same time.  Not to mention doubling the amount of nervousness that I felt during that time.

Anyway, this time it was not as easy as the first; as my surgeon said.  My right toenail is bigger than the left. The anesthesia did not take effect as fast as the first one.  He tested it several times and I can still feel the prick he applied on the affected area.  I think he tried it about seven times before the anesthesia took effect.  My surgeon was even joking that he might have injected the drug on the fat instead.  My sister told me she saw my surgeon exerted more effort in removing this one over the other.

As soon as the nail was out, he said:  "Baby out!"  And I answered, "Girl po ba?"  And we all laughed.

On our way home, it rained so hard that even if we were inside the tricycle, we started to get wet.  But it's a good thing my sister always has a piece of plastic bag in her bag.  She intends to use this for wet umbrellas.  But this time it saved me a lot of trouble because it kept my wound dry until we got home.

It's a good thing I am not a bleeder.  When I opened the bandage yesterday, there was just a little amount of blood and I wasn't bleeding anymore.  As per my surgeons advice, I don't really need to put bandage anymore if I don't really have to move around.  And this was just what I did with the first one.  But this time, I observed na hindi siya masyadong matubig kagaya nung kabila.  I'm not really sure if this is something to rejoice or something to worry about.  I hope it's the latter.

Anyway.

I really hope this would heal in a week's time.  I was supposed to have my sixth cycle last Friday but had to postponed it because of this issue.  I sought my oncologist's advise.  I told her I can deal with the pain but what I am really worried about is if magsugat siya within two weeks after my chemotherapy, then I know that it might be a big trouble.  And she, too, agreed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts