Saturday, August 13, 2011

What we might be missing

I was very fond of the countryside, flowers, birds, etc.  Sometimes I would try to fish with my little line, but I preferred to go alone and sit down on the grass bedecked with flowers, and then my thoughts became very profound indeed!  Without knowing what it was to meditate, my soul was absorbed in real prayer.  I listened to the distant sounds, the murmuring of the wind, etc.  At times, the indistinct notes of some military music reached me where I was filling my heart with a sweet melancholy.
~ Story of a Soul
   The Autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux

Perhaps, we all should do this once in a while.  Maybe in this busy world, this is what we all are missing.  A quiet time all by ourselves, free of our gadgets, or anything that connects us with the technical, artificial world.  Probably a moment with nature is what we need to listen to ourselves, to find out what our heart says, to find out what our minds really want, to find out what our souls really yearn for.

A flower might reveal to us what we have been looking for all along.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts