Thursday, July 14, 2011

I could have been a mascot.

150 Filipina part-timers arrested in Dubai .

This news made me look back.  Back when I was in Dubai, and wanting to have another job.

I could have been a mascot.  Because I wanted to.  I wanted to try. All for the thrill of it, and of course, the money the comes with only three hours of dressing like - whoever.

I almost took the job - that was just for one night.  But my room mate told me no.  She's been there for five years and didn't want me to put myself into something that I might regret.  So, I listened.  I did not.

Doing a part-time job is prohibited in Dubai.

Is this unfair?  I think not.

This is how I simply understand how it works.  For someone to have a residence visa, one needs a sponsor and usually, the sponsor is your employer.  Your employer deposits money to the Immigration so that you will have the residence visa.  Your sponsor can only get their money back after your visa has been cancelled.  I think the lowest bond is about AED 3,000.00.

That simply explains why employees are not allowed to take part-time jobs.

And as for the case of tourists on visit visas, they are not even allowed to take any kind of job.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts