Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Not Via E. R.

My friend's son was confined at the provincial hospital and has been there for two days.

Since the only time we have was after six o'clock, my sister and I and another friend decided to meet somewhere before proceeding to the hospital.

When we got there, our friend stopped us and told us that we cannot use the what-I-thought-was-the entrance.

She said we cannot pass by that route since it's already six. My sister and I looked at each other and we each looked a little confused as if we're asking, 'where then are we supposed to enter?'

Our friend said that we have to go by here; pointing at the entrance of the Emergency Room.

Again, my sister and I looked at each other with the expression, "huh?!"

Our friend probably noticed and said, "that's what we did the last time we were here. If we used the entrance, it will be a problem and we're going to have a hard time entering, and worse comes to worse is we won't be able to visit anymore."

With hesitation, my friend said, "We have to go one by one and we have to be invisible." I hope you know what I meant by invisible. Like we shouldn't get noticed by the guards.

So, our friend went ahead.

I followed.

My sister came in last. She was the most perplexed about this whole thing.

The Emergency Room was ever so crowded with sick people than I can imagine. But we have to go through and make it through fast. We are all aware that the Emergency Room is not the cleanest part of the hospital that's why we should avoid going there if we have to.

Until this writing, I still cannot get the point why we should use the Emergency Room Route to get to the hospital. I understand that the Visiting Hours is until 9:00 so we are way too early to be apprehended at the entrance.

How come people are forced to do what we did just to get in?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts