Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sense of Sensitivity

A few weeks ago, I discovered the Google Reader and was able to learn a few things about it; like sharing articles, having RSS of my favorite sites, tagging articles that catches my fancy and reading newspapers here, back home and CNN and BBC. All in one page. Also, I could follow those blogs that gets my interest right there in one page. Then I discovered this blog: Secret Dubai Diary. I followed this page thru RSS on my Google Reader. A few days ago, there was an entry from this blogger about Dubai. I've read about and thought I'd visit the actual page and get the permanent link so I can share it with you guys. But, when I clicked to view the page, it was blocked. The blogger commented that it is "probably the best article ever written about Dubai." I am sure that you are wondering what the BEST means here. But since I said that the side is currently blocked, I am sure you have an idea what it means.You can try viewing it here, on my shared articles at this site and see if it loads from where your part of the world.

I normally put the quote at the end of my posts, but this time, I'll put it here. I am not sure if I did post this already, but here goes:

Quotes:

"If you lie down with dogs, you'll probably get up with fleas."

- James Patterson
- 1st To Die

You might find this a little odd but, one of the promises I made to myself when I was just adjusting here is that I don't want to acquire the accent. And I am keeping my promise, so far. I do not have any particular accent that I do not want, I just don't want my accent to change. I HAVE a FILIPINO accent and I want to keep that until I return home for good. As for the attitudes, like the ARBs (Angst-Ridden Bitches) that I have talked about on this post, I definitely swear this is the level that I do not want to go down to, Filipinos and all-races alike.

I can lay down with dogs, that's fine... as long as they don't have fleas. But since I think I am now lying down with the dogs with fleas, I need to protect myself not to acquire their habits. This brought me to remember the chat I had with my best friend about two or maybe three weeks ago. I think I told her about one of my qualms about a lot of people here [again, whichever race] about being insensitive. I remember her telling me that I might end up like them also, losing my sensitivity. I assured her that I still have it, all intact. She reminded me not to lose mine. I remember her exact words: "O baka naman mawala 'yong sa 'yo."

I'll be with Dostoevysky for the rest of the night [and later a prayer that because of this post, I hope my blog won't be blocked]

Copy me on QRT.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts